Mr. Zhengyun Bian, China licensed lawyer in practice, has a total of over 10 years of experience in environmental compliance field in China back from 2006, including 6 years as product environmental compliance lead engineer in manufacturing companies and 4 years as environmental compliance consultant in a third-party state-owned institute. Different roles (engineer vs. consultant, government vs. industry, first-party vs. third-party) allowed Mr. Bian to systematically build up his strong expertise and practical experience within the domain of product environmental compliance.
Corporate Environmental Management, University of Surrey @Guildford, UK
Master of Science degree with honor
Analytical Chemistry, Nankai University @Tianjin, China
Master of Philosophy Degree
Independent consultant | China licensed lawyer in practice @Beijing, China
- with Certrip program from 2018, provide consulting or agent services to worldwide customers on meet various product environmental compliance requirements in China.
- as Chinese lawyer in practice, provide cross-border legal solutions and practice in civil litigation&arbitration especially on Intellectual Property, Compliance & Investigations, Environmental and Carbon related issues.
Lenovo Group Ltd. @Beijing, China
- Led the alignment project, after acquisition of IBM x86 server business, to transition IBM product environmental policies, management processes, and IT tools onto Lenovo platform.
- Supported global marketing and sales as single environmental representative of IBM x86 server business in Lenovo.
- Communicated environmental requirements of IBM x86 server business to suppliers and OEM partners.
H3C Technologies Co., Ltd. (HP wholly-owned subsidiary) @Beijing, China
- As company representative closely communicated and interacted with China’s governmental authorities for the draft or renewal of relevant product environmental policies and standards, e.g. China RoHS, CELP.
- Tracked and interpreted various global environmental regulations, standards and certifications for IT products like servers, routers and switches, specialized in RoHS, REACH, WEEE, Energy Efficiency, LCA, etc.
- Led the draft and periodic review of internal policies and processes at company level to ensure accurate and efficient implementation of various product environmental compliance requirements.
- Responded to any related queries from governments, certified bodies, clients or suppliers as primary company contact of product environmental compliance.
- With IT engineers, initially established green product management IT system which tremendously improved the efficiency of environmental management.
China Ceprei Laboratory, namely The fifth Research Institute of MIIT (Ministry of Industry and Information Technology) @Guangzhou, China
- Provided technical support to MIIT on the draft of China RoHS regulation and its associated standards and projects
- Provided training and consulting service to manufacturing enterprises on China RoHS policies
- Dealed with any related inquiries from clients on hazardous substances testing (e.g. RoHS, REACH)
- Managed RoHS testing project to meet ISO 17025 requirements as well as clients’ expectations on quality and schedule